The world is on the brink of nuclear war. You’re in the White House; it’s your job to make all the tough decisions. Can you protect America without starting a war with Russia? Will you make it through alive?
There’s only one way to find out.
The Cuban Missile Crisis online game includes:
- Choose an identity: President John F. Kennedy, Attorney General Robert Kennedy, Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara, or General Maxwell Taylor.
- Make all the key decisions discussed by ExComm (the Executive Committee) during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- All people, maps, photographs, dates, and decisions are real. This is accurate history.
- Includes extensive primary sources, including maps used by ExComm, memos from ExComm meetings, and letters between Kennedy and Khrushchev.
- Allows students to explore branching decisions and experience the consequences, including accidentally starting a nuclear war.
- Students may play as many times as they like to try out different choices, but they never input their name or information, so student privacy is protected.
Register here to buy the game:
Register New Account