Hi Teachers! Thanks for booking your Time Travel Field Trip. Here are the materials you’ll need before I come.
I can’t wait to come take your class back in time! See you soon!
On this page, you can access:
- Supply list for Pioneers – please copy!
- Permission slips/Parent letters (if you need them)
- Pre-field trip background materials, including super quick and easy videos (only required for 2-hour field trips.)
- Pre- and Post-tests – paper copies OR self-grading online quizzes – how awesome is that?!
Pioneer Supply List
Please make one (double-sided) copy per student. PIONEER SUPPLY LIST 2016
(aka. Parent letters)
- Full day ($15 per student): Parent letter revolution
- 2-hours ($7.50 per student): $7.50 parent letter revolution copy
- 2-hours ($7.50 per student) Pioneers parent letter
- Full day ($15 per student): $15 parent letter mining
- 2-hours ($7.50 per student):$7.50 parent letter mining
You only need these if you have booked a 2-hour field trip. (I’ll teach all this for you in the longer 4-hour field trip.)
You have two choices (choose ONE):
- If you have the time and inclination, do the comics as a Reader’s Theater with your class. Fun!
- If you are pressed for time, simply show your class the short video before I come. Couldn’t be easier!
- Comics to print: pioneers comics
- Short Pioneers BK movie:
- Comics to print: Mining Comics
- Short Mining BK movie:
Pre- and Post-Tests
I don’t need your scores, but it’s nice to have confirmation that your class is learning something. 🙂 Here’s a simple way to get a history grade in your book!
You have two choices:
- Go traditional with the paper and pencil quiz. Print out the PDF. Answer key is included.
- Go hi-tech with the online quiz. It only takes minutes AND grades itself! You can save the results for your grade book. Each student will need a device such as a computer to take the online quiz.
Directions for online quiz:
- Click the appropriate link above.
- Choose “Play live!”
- You do NOT need to register: click Skip (below blue sign up bar)
- Choose “Proceed.” This takes you to the teacher dashboard where you can start the quiz, and see the results. This will give you a code for the students.
- Students (each needs a device) go to join.quizziz.com and enter the code to play.
- Hit “Start game” when you are ready.
- You will get a list of results you can export if you’d like to save it. Enjoy!